Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blog....the four lettered word I swear by...

Blog….

Blog… a four letter word that has been on mind for a pretty long time. Yes its everywhere, the world is blogging from shiny hair to relationships you can get every information, imagination and persuasion through blogs .And yet I have shied away from it for a very long time.

Why? No answers really, mmm… maybe I have just been lazy to open my laptop and start writing ( yes now typing is the new writing). Ideas were many but they came and went, never really documented them. Some while ago I tried writing diary but gave that up when things started getting too personal and the idea, the thought, the inception was lost translation. During my post grad media course we were told to maintain a blog under any god damned circumstances but I didn’t pay any heed then, too easily thinking that writing is what I’ll be doing the rest of my life.

My romance with writing started when I was a school girl , I used to write random poems, stories and the oh-so-typical letters to the editor and mind you every one of them published. Interest turned to obsession when I started freelance writing for newspapers, I bunked my college lectures and attended press conferences, interviews covered launches, film screenings et al. So while classmates were in search of soulmates , I continued with my romance with writing. Then more of college in post graduation where I tried my hand at a couple of movie reviews. However, there came a twist in my love story. I got in to an advertising job…and got married. Settled with my husband in Pune and chose to start off my career in full swing.(people are still awed that at 22 I was already 3 years old in freelancing, had completed my post graduation was into a full time media job and was already married!) Back to obsession, after pretty much settling down in my first job and a year into my marriage, thoughts of the word affair started brewing up. I realized that my tryst with writing was not a fling it is one of those relationships that blossom, that connect on a very different level, more than friends, more than siblings something that can’t really be named.

And lo and behold! That’s when I decided that I have to let this happen, I have to get back to writing. It doesn’t really matter where you write, it matters how you write..right? and here I am, writing about everything that I feel I can better express through words.

Im ready for this…. Really!

7 comments:

andy K said...

Way to go dear blogger, that's the way to go. There is nothing more important than to do things u love. I say go for it and empty ur heart out herE....

Rahul Bhave said...

hey prachi enjoy wht u love to do and go ahead and do it

k said...

You should write more often. This is a good post.

Preeta said...

Prachi, this is a nice post to start your blog with.
Keep up the writing!

Ram Mujumdar said...

Prachi finally seems to have removed mental block by entering her favorite world of blogging. Go ahead dear and cherish your first love. (Andy, here I presume it to be writing!)

Unknown said...

I am ur dad's friend from Pune SKF and it's really great to go through the write-up posted here. Yes, it's said that "PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN SWORD". I you really love to write something good for the betterment of a common man or anything that benefits society, it's really a a great job for human kind. Wish to c many more good write-ups from you. Wish you Good Luck! Sambhaji

Shailendra said...

'Blog' well explained in a Blog.... Expressed very nicely..